From frontal and side impacts to pole and head-on impacts ... We carry out testing for the design and approval of vehicles and accident reconstructions, although our skills are not confined to the automotive sector.
Safety, mainly applied to the automotive industry, is an area in which UTAC has always excelled.
While maintaining its specialist status in the vehicle safety field, UTAC has broadened its expertise to encompass other fields of application.
Today, in order to satisfy the testing requirements relating to the type approval of vehicles and equipment, UTAC’s specialists have access to the most modern types of equipment and are constantly adapting their expertise to suit the demands of all manufacturing sectors.
We can offer you our expertise in the measurement and analysis of the results of crash tests. Our tests are carried out in complete confidentiality in private preparation workshops.
Your needs are our challenges! Our several decades of vehicle crash testing experience are your guarantee of the correct performance of your development tests and reconstructions.
You can rely on UTAC to :
- Identify the dynamic behaviour of your structures (vehicle crash-box and front cross-member testing, etc.),
- Optimise passive safety restraint systems (airbag activation time and seatbelt pre-tensioners), etc.),
- Analyse the competition (regarding repairability assesment and Euro NCAP testing),
- Reconstruct accidents (improvement of crash-test dummies),
- Characterise materials (dynamic response),
- Validate new energy absorption concepts (injected foam, new beam sections, pyrotechnic systems).